The Examination Cell is an important part of the autonomy. There is sufficient number of supporting staff from each department to look after the routine works of the Exam Cell. The Exam Cell Coordinator also maintains a smooth functioning of the continuous assessment tests and conducting of all examinations.
The Examination Cell is responsible for all maintenance of all student performance records, communication from the Office of the Controller of Examinations to the college and vice versa, issue of examination applications to students, submission of examination application at the Office of the Controller of Examinations, coordinate with the Zonal Office for the smooth conduct of the Practical Examinations and Theory Examinations, safe keeping of examination stationery, forwarding of student requests, vide lost marks statements, certificates and enquiries.
The Examination Cell has been provided with, up to date computer systems, communications networks, high speed printers and copiers to enable the smooth functioning of the same. The Examination Cell is under the direct supervision of the Principal who is also the Chief Superintendent. The Chief Superintendent is assisted by the Examinations Coordinator and clerical staff.
The Function of the Cell
- Any Circular, Guideline, Office Order, Notification received by the College are processed in the Exam Cell, reply thereof prepared and after Principal’s signature dispatched to the University.
- Examination Notices received from the University are duly served to all concerned.
- The notices for University indicating details regarding fee collection, the last date of fee collection, modalities of payments of fine etc.
- Preparation of smooth conduct of examinations, preparation of time table, invigilation duty chart, seat allotment in the examination halls etc.
- During the examination time, proper staff mobilization, assigning the duty as per the duty chart already prepared.
- After completion of examination, distribution of answer books to the concerned staff and receiving the answer books and award list, and preparing in the desired format to send them to University.
- After the results of various examinations received from the University, distribution of marks sheets to students.
- The Exam Cell analyzes all examination results and in consultation with the Principal, prepares the report thereof for submission to appropriate authorities for follow up action.
- The University Degree Certificates received from the University by the college are sent to the students concerned by the Exam Cell.
- Examination Cell prepares all inputs for preparation and organizing the Convocation.
- The Examination Cell coordinates the conduct of Internal Examinations as well as University Examinations for all the UG programs.
Major Activities of Exam Cell
- Issue of University Mark Statements
- Issue of Duplicate Hall Ticket
- Issue of Provisional Certificates
- Issue of Degree Certificates
- Issue of Hall Tickets
- Revaluation Procedures
- Registration for University Exams
- Graduation Day Arrangements
- Conduct of AUC Examinations
- Conduct of Internal Assessment Tests
- Automation of Exam Procedures
- Preparation of Tentative Schedules for Internal Assessment Tests